Have you ever wondered what a Chrismon is? How are they different from Christmas ornaments? After worship, this Sunday, we will make Chrismons and learn more about them! This is an intergenrational activity, so everyone is invited and welcome! Afterwards, we will go to lunch at On the Border for food and fellowship!
Interfaith Thanksgiving Service
The Interfaith Council of Suburban Maryland will have it’s Thanksgiving Service at St. Matthew’s Methodist Church, Wednesday November 22nd at 7:30.
Greening of the Church
The Greening of the Church will be November 26th after church. We will have a soup supper and fellowship as we decorate the church for Advent and Christmas!
On December 10th, we will have a Christmas activity for all ages! We will meet at 5:00 and build gingerbread houses. The cost will be $5.00 per house kit, as well as a bag of candy to share for decorating. Pizza will be provided. Sign up is required! You can sign up here or in the Narthex at church.
On December 10th, we will have a Congregational meeting following worship for the election of officers for the coming year.
Committee Chair Meeting
On December 10th, the Committee Chairs will meet following Sunday School.
Two Week Outlook
Thursday, November 16th
- Men’s Night Out, 6:30, On the Border
- Warm Nights
Sunday, November 19th
- Worship, 10:00
- Making Chrismons, following worship
- Family Crisis Center Meal
Tuesday, November 21st
- Woship Team, 4:00
Wednesday, November 22nd
- Interfaith Thanksgiving Service, 7:30 PM, St. Matthews Methodist Church
Sunday, November 26th
- Worship, 10:00
- Soup Supper, following worship
- Hanging of the Green, following worship
Monday, November 27th
- Too Busy Not To Pray, 7:00
Wednesday, November 29th
- Christmas Play Practice, 5:45
- Choir Rehearsal, 7:30
- November 26th: Hanging of the Green
- December 10th: Gingerbread Houses
- December 17th: Children’s Christmas Program
- December 24th: Christmas Eve